Timothy Thriffiley joined the firm in 1997 and is a partner in the firm. He has extensive experience in domestic litigation, commercial litigation, real estate litigation, succession litigation, and employment litigation. He also has extensive experience in residential and commercial real estate transactions in Louisiana.
• Represented local sheriff’s office in civil rights litigation, obtaining dismissal of the case on summary judgment
• Represented a homeowner in a boundary action, obtaining a judgment in favor of the client
• Represented the employer in a pregnancy discrimination case, obtaining dismissal of the case on summary judgment
• Represented shareholders in a closely held corporation in litigation to force liquidation of the corporation, and seek damages against the president of the corporation for fiduciary breaches
• Represented property owners in “toxic mold” defense litigation
• Represented various heirs in disputes in succession litigation
Professional and Civic Involvement
Tim is a member of the Louisiana State Bar Association and the Plaquemines Parish Bar Association (Past President). He is also a former member of St. Bernard Parish Notarial Commission. Tim is a Licensed Title Insurance Producer. He is also a scorekeeper for the New Orleans Pelicans NBA Basketball team.
Bars and Courts
• All Louisiana State Courts, 1989
• United States Supreme Court
• United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
• United States District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana
• United States District Court, Western District of Louisiana
• United State Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of Louisiana
• United State Bankruptcy Court Western District of Louisiana
• Barrois v. Panepinto, 133 So.3d 36 (La. App. 4th Cir. 2014)
• Ragas v. Hingle, 2014 WL 3361731 (La. App. 4th cir. 2014).
• Bui v. Behrman Discount, Inc., 40 So.3d 1010 (La. App. 5th Cir. 2010).
• Gravolet v. Tassin, 2008-cv-03646 (E.D.L.A. 06/02/09); 2009 WL 1565864.
• Gravolet v. Tassin, 2008-cv-03646 (E.D.L.A. 05/04/09); 2009 WL 1210877.
• Plaquemines Parish Law Enforcement Dist. v. RSUI Indemnity Co., 2006-cv-11368 (E.D.L.A. 12/17/07); 2007 WL 4442350.
• Dixie Services, L.L.C. v. R & B Falcon Drilling USA, Inc., 2005-CA-01212, 2006-CA-01209 (La.App. 4 Cir. 03/21/07); 955 So.2d 214, 2007 WL 1191343.
• Succession of Robinson, 94-CC-2229 (La. 05/22/95); 654 So.2d 682, 1995 WL 311965.
• Ellis v. Normal Life of Louisiana, 93-1009 (La.App. 5 Cir. 05/31/94); 638 So.2d 422, 1994 WL 226847.
• In re Delaune, 92-CA-2569 (La.App. 4 Cir. 09/30/93); 625 So.2d 269, 1993 WL 382136.