- 2014 - National Transportation and Safety Board (NTSB) Marine Accident Investigation course
- 2014 - Seminars for River Pilots in Pre- and Post-Accident Litigation
- 1984 - Juris Doctor - Tulane University
- 1981 - Bachelor of Science in Finance - University of New Orleans
Practice AreasPersonal Injury Maritime Litigation Commercial Law
Mark A. Pivach
Mark A. Pivach is a founding partner of the Pivach firm, focusing on personal injury and maritime litigation in both federal and state courts for over 30 years. After receiving his undergraduate degree in finance in 1981, and his juris doctorate degree from Tulane University and becoming a member of the Louisiana bar in 1984, he has successfully practiced civil litigation over the entirety of his career, with primary focus on maritime, personal injury, and business litigation.
- Representation of New Orleans - Baton Rouge Steamship (NOBRA) Pilots in multi-vessel maritime litigation, including allisions, collisions, U.S. Coast Guard, NTSB, and various personal injury matters
- Representation of the Clerk of Court for Plaquemines Parish, 25th JDC
- Representation of maritime and personal injury plaintiffs with significant damage awards
- Representation of maritime construction entities regarding construction, acquisition and sale of vessels, including domestic and international transactions
- Representation of clients in complex litigation in federal and state courts regarding the design and construction of commercial docking facilities
Professional and Civic Involvement
Mark is a former president of the Plaquemines Parish Bar Association (1990). Further, Mark is a member of the Federal Bar Association, Louisiana State Bar Association, Bar Association of the Federal Fifth Circuit, and the Louisiana Association of Justice.
Bars and Courts
- All Louisiana State Courts, 1984
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana
- United States District Court, Middle District of Louisiana
- United States District Court, Western District of Louisiana
- Mistich v. Weeks, 12-150, 12-151 (La. App. 3 Cir. 7/13/12); 107 So.3d 1, writ denied by 100 So.3d 838 (La. 11/9/12).
- Succession of Gourgis, 2008-CA-0430 (La.App. 5 Cir. 11/12/08); 1 So.3s 528, 2008 WL 4899341.
- TLC Novelty Co., Inc. v. Perino’s Inc., 2004-CA-0935 (La.App. 5 Cir. 8/31/04); 881 So.2d 1267, 2004 WL 1960065.
- Gartoucies v. Plaquemines Parish Government, 2001-CA-0935 (La.App. 4 Cir. 2/6/02); 819 So.2d 346, 2002 WL 264605.
- Matter of O’Connor, 1997-31283 (E.D.LA. 9/16/98); 153 F.3d 258, 1998 WL 549537, 33 Bankr.Ct.Dec. 271, 12 Tex.Bankr.Ct.Rep. 550.
- Lacy v. ABC Ins. Co., 1997-CA-1182 (La.App. 4 Cir. 4/1/98); 712 So.2d 189, 198 WL 161342.
- Buffinet v. Plaquemines Parish Com’n Council, 1993–CA-0804 (La.App. 4 Cir. 7/27/94); 645 So. 2d 631, 1994 WL 388933.
- Mistich v. Pipelines, Inc., 1998-CA-1420 (La.App. 4 Cir. 11/17/92); 609 So.22 921, 1992 WL 332598.
- Boles v. Boles, 1989-CA-1087 (La.App. 4 Cir. 3/14/1990); 558 So.2d 710, 1990WL 26990.