Louisiana State University (J.D., 1979)
University of New Orleans (B.S., 1976)
Practice AreasCorporate Law Real Estate Commercial and Business Litigation Personal Injury Successions Estate Planning Governmental Representation Oil and Gas Wrongful Death
George Pivach, II
George Pivach, II is a founding member of the firm with a legal career spanning over three decades of serving the people and businesses of Louisiana. He has successfully handled numerous trials and motions in Louisiana state and federal courts, including appearances before the Louisiana First, Third, Fourth and Fifth Circuits Court of Appeal and Louisiana Supreme Court. Outside of the courtroom, George has extensive experience in the area of commercial and business transactions, including real estate transactions, having represented a variety of businesses in the most complex negotiations within the Southeast United States. George also assists clients with their estate planning needs and has vast experience in the area of successions.
- Represented developer of multiple residential subdivisions in Southeast Louisiana
- Represented clients in purchase of businesses in the states of Louisiana, Arkansas, Florida and Alabama
- Represented multiple businesses and commercial fishermen in complex BP claims
- General counsel - Venice Port Complex - Venice, Louisiana
Professional and Civic Involvement
George is a member of the American Bar Association, the Louisiana State Bar Association, the Plaquemines Parish Bar Association (President 1986), the Louisiana Association of Justice, President’s Advisory Council – Jesuit High School, a board member of Plaquemines Association of Business and Industry, GNO, Inc., and Plaquemines 4-H Foundation, Inc. George is also a Licensed Title Insurance Producer.
Bars and Courts
- All Louisiana Courts, 1979
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- United States Court of Claims
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana
- United States District Court, Middle District of Louisiana
- United States District Court, Western District of Louisiana
- United States District Court, Southern District of Texas
- Bass Partnership, et al. v. Gravolet, et al., 12-0024 (La. App. 4 Cir. 11/21/12); 105 So.3d 224, writ denied by 108 So.3d 1176 (La. 3/1/13).
- Tetra Technologies, Inc. v. Louisiana Fruit Co., 07-30296 (5th Cir. 10/26/07); 252 Fed.Appx. 639, 2007 WL 756445.
- Sun Drilling Products Corp. v. Rayborn, 00-1884 (La.App. 4 Cir. 10/03/01); 798 So.2d 1141, 2001 WL 1329222, writ denied by 807 So.2d 840.
- In re: Succession of Toncrey, 00-1761 (La. 9/29/00); 769 So.2d 1172, rehearing denied by 773 So.2d 155.
- Jurisich v. Jenkins, 99-0249 (La. 10/19/99); 749 So.2d 97, 1999 WL 955374.
- Buffinet v. Plaquemines Parish Com’n Council, 93-0840 (La.App. 4 Cir. 7/27/94); 645 So.2d 631, 1994 WL 388933, writ denied by 651 So.2d 259.
- Jurisich v. Hopson Marine Service Co., Inc., 93–0049 (La.App. 4 Cir. 5/13/93); 619 So.2d 1111, 1993 WL 153814.
- G.I. Joe, Inc. v. Chevron U.S.A., Inc., Pipeline Div., 89–2332 (La. 4/30/1990); 561 So.2d 62, 1990 WL 55855
- American Bank & Trust Co. of Houma v. Wetland Workover, Inc., 7789-7794 (La.App. 4 Cir. 4/12/88); 523 So.2d 942, 1988 WL 32554, writ denied 531 So.2d.282.