- 1980 - Juris Doctorate - Loyola School of Law
- 1977 - Bachelor of Science - Louisiana State University
Practice AreasFamily Law Civil Service Criminal Defense Domestic Litigation Personal Injury Successions
David M. Hufft
David Hufft is a partner with the firm whose practice focuses on family law, civil service, personal injury, successions, and criminal defense matters. He has successfully handled trials in both Louisiana state and Federal courts, including appearances before the Louisiana First, Fourth, and Fifth Circuit Courts of Appeals and the U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals. David is a former Assistant District Attorney for 28 years with the Plaquemines and Jefferson District Attorneys Offices. As a former prosecutor, David has extensive courtroom experience and an understanding of the criminal justice system. In addition to his time spent in the courtroom as a prosecutor, David has handled numerous family matters which have been brought to trial and court hearings.
- Represented state employees before the State Civil Service Commission
- Represented clients in family law matters involving spousal support, child support, child custody matters, partition of community property and adoptions
- Represented spouses in divorces involving multi-million dollar businesses
- Represented clients in personal injury matters, including wrongful death
- Represented clients in criminal defense matters
- Represented client sin successions and drafting of last wills and testaments
Professional and Civic Involvement
David is a member and former President of the Plaquemines Bar Association. David is also a member of the Louisiana State Bar Association.
Bars and Courts
- All Louisiana Courts, 1980
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana
- United States District Court, Middle District of Louisiana
- United States District Court, Western District of Louisiana
- Gravolet v. Tassin, 2008-cv-03546 (E.D. La. 06/02/09); 2009 WL 1565864.
- Gravolet v. Tassin, 2008-cv-03546 (E.D. La. 05/04/09); 2009 WL 1210877.
- Picou v. Picou, 2008-CA-0688 (La.App. 4 Cir. 12/17/08); 1 So.3d 761, 2008 WL 5263860.
- Lannes v. Lannes, 2007-CA-0345 (La.App. 4 Cir. 2/13/08); 977 So.2d 1119, 2008 WL 484014.
- Elliott v. Normand, 2007-CA-0569 (La.App. 5 Cir. 1/22/08); 976 So.2d 738, 2008 WL 183697.
- Falcon v. Falcon, 2005-CA-08-0404 (La.App. 4 Cir. 3/29/06); 929 So.2d 219, 2006 WL 1382067.
- Keko v. Hingle, 2001-30622, 318 F.3d 639 (5th Cir. 1/8/03).
- Littlejohn v. Quiram, 2001-CA-0075 (La.App. 4 Cir. 10/24/01); 800 So.2d 73, 2001 WL 1353568.
- Sacks v. Quiros, 2001-CA-0326 (La.App. 5 Cir. 5/30/01); 789 So.2d 719, 2001 WL 629862.
- Burrell v. Adkins, 2001-cv-02679 (W.D. La. 02/13/09); 2009 WL 365662.
- Burrell v. Adkins, 2001-cv-02679 (W.D. La. 01/10/08); 2008 WL 130800.
- Zacarias-Ramirez v. Roberts, 2000-CA-1514 (La.App. 4 Cir. 5/16/01); 787 So.2d 1131, 2001 WL 670093.
- Bridges v. Department of Utilities, 1999-CA-3094 (La.App. 4 Cir. 9/27/00); 770 So.2d 856, 2000 WL 1483349.