- 2005 - Juris Doctorate - Tulane School of Law
- 2002 - Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering - Tulane University
Practice AreasLitigation Personal Injury Commercial Litigation Construction Litigation Admiralty Litigation Real Estate Successions
Corey E. Dunbar
Corey E. Dunbar is a partner with the firm focusing on litigation in both federal and state courts. Whether handling large business disputes or small personal matters, Corey advises clients of the most efficient procedure to obtain the desired outcome in any dispute. Corey has tried cases in the federal courts of the Eastern District of Louisiana and the Southern District of Texas, as well as local state courts. Corey has argued before the United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeal and handled numerous appeals in both federal and state appeals courts. In addition to his litigation experience, Corey assists clients in general business matters and transactional matters.
- Obtained judgment for vessel owner after federal court trial regarding contract dispute
- Obtained judgment for construction subcontractor after state court trial against general contractor for non-payment
- Obtained a summary judgment dismissal of federal lawsuit involving ownership claims. The dismissal was upheld upon appeal.
- Represented homeowner in matter involving mold and construction defects
- Represented succession representative against a person misappropriating succession assets
- Represented multiple businesses and commercial fishermen in complex BP claims
Professional and Civic Involvement
Corey is a member of the Louisiana State Bar Association, Jefferson Parish Bar Association, and the Plaquemines Bar Association (President 2014). He is also a member of the Federal Bar Association and has sat as a Director on the Board of Directors for the Young Lawyers Division of the New Orleans Chapter from 2007 to 2016. Corey is a Rotarian and Past President of the Rotary Club of the West Bank in Gretna, Louisiana. Corey currently serves as the Assistant District Governor for the Bayou Territory of Rotary District 6840. Corey lives in New Orleans with his wife and three children. He is also a parishioner and member of the Family Advisory Board at St. Dominic Church.
Bars and Courts
- All Louisiana State Courts, 2005
- All Texas State Courts, 2011
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana
- United States District Court, Middle District of Louisiana
- United States District Court, Western District of Louisiana
- United States District Court, Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Southern District of Texas
- N & F Logistic, Inc. v. Cathay Inn Intern., Inc., 2014-CA-835 (La. 5th Cir. 4/15/2015); 170 So.3d 275.
- Callou Corp. v. 3600 Alvar, LLC, 13-31133 (5th Cir. 6/9/2014); 2014 WL 2567114. 13-00045 (E.D.La. 9/27/2013); 2013 WL 5439152.
- Aquatic Lodging, L.L.C. v. Bayou Boys Boat Rental, L.L.C., 2011-CA-382 (La. 5th Cir. 12/28/2011); 82 So.2d 562. 2011-CA-20145 (U.S. 5th Cir. 11/10/2011); 2011 WL 5455836.
- Cox Operating, L.L.C. v. Cibilic, 09-3358 (E.D.La. 10/12/2010); 2010 WL 4026164. 09-3358 (E.D.La. 9/8/2010); 2010 WL 3614306.
- Cornella v. State Farm Fire and Cas. Co., 10-1169 (E.D.La. 06/22/2010); 2010 WL 2605725.
- Premier Industries, Inc. v. Arch Specialty Ins. Co., 09-7778, 09-7779 (E.D.La. 03/09/2010); 2010 WL 924293.
- Strong Hardwood Floors, LLC v. Treadway, 2008-CA-00357 (La.App. 5 Cir. 10/14/08); 996 So.2d 634, 2008 WL 4588902.
- Plaquemines Parish Law Enforcement Dist .v RSUI Indemnity Co., 2006-cv-11368 (E.D.La. 12/17/07); 2007 WL 4442350.
- Tetra Technologies, Inc. v. Louisiana Fruit Co., 2007-CA-30296 (5th Cir. 10/26/07); 252 Fed.Appx. 639, 2007 WL 756445. 2006-cv-03736 (E.D.La. 03/08/07); 2007 WL 756445. 2006-cv-03736 (E.D.La. 01/05/07); 2007 WL 54814.
- Popich v. Shell Pipeline Co., LP, 2006-5102, 2007-00075 (E.D.La. 10/02/07); 2007 WL 2908198.
- Southern Gateway, Inc. v. Hanover Ins. Co., 2006-cv-08012 (E.D.La. 03/16/07); 2007 WL 840278.